Here's what we made:
quickly steam or blanch the nettles, then put about 4-6 cups in a big blender with about 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp lemon juice, 1 or 2 tsp salt (to taste), about 4 or 5 peeled garlic cloves, and a small handful of cashews. Blend! Yum! I froze some, as suggested by Landon Cook, at Fat of the Land. But with the rest...
Instead of what I usually do, with chopped nettles, lots of tomatoes, feta & cottage cheese... I used the pesto. We took it to our Nature Club potluck and lots of people seemed to love it. Here you go:
Mix & match the following to your heart's content:
- 3 layers cooked rice-pasta lasagna noodles
- 2 layers ricotta cheese
- 2 layers grated parmesan cheese & raw sesame seeds (just sprinkled in the middle and on top)
- 1 layer chopped zuchini and tomatoes (to add more bulk and tanginess)
- 2 layers chopped steamed nettles
- 3 layers nettle pesto - one on top, under the parmesan/sesame seeds!